Day 4 #30DayWritingChallenge30days
Are you early or nocturnal? Write the pros and cons of being one
Well, I seem to have spent a third of my life being nocturnal. It's not without reason that I did it, but I think that doing activities at night allows me to increase my thinking ability much better.
I started being nocturnal when I was in my 2nd year of high school. At that time I was having fun learning HTML for this blog. I even didn't sleep until morning, then went to school with a face like a zombie and almost fell asleep in class. This made me less focused in class.
This habit continued until I was in college. I like to do assignments or reports after 1 pm. It feels quieter, easier to get the concentration, and I can finish everything in just one night. Because of this nocturnal habit, I also became fond of coffee.
So, what are the pros and cons of being nocturnal?
- Total silence, I can easily concentrate.
- No distractions, all the people are asleep.
- I get lots of time to spend in solitude (which I find peaceful).
- Lots of time to ponder.
- Difficult to start activities in the morning
- Several studies have shown that staying up late will have a negative impact on emotions, cognitive abilities, and brain function
- Health risks such as diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure
- Wake up to noon
Honestly, I'm not a pure nocturnal. I am flexible to all conditions. Sometimes if I have to do morning activities, I will try my best to go to bed early. But I prefer to work at night for the reasons I've explained.